The 31th International Music and Dance Academy of Lozère
The International Music and Dance Academy of Lozère
Our Academy has the status of an association managed on a voluntary basis.Over the last 31 years, it has aimed at providing quality music education in Lozère during the summer months for musicians and students wishing to concentrate on a musical career or prepare for certain competitions.
It also aims at raising awareness of the musical culture in Lozère and creating an atmosphere of conviviality between teachers, students and local authorities.
Membership of the association:
- Joëlle Bazeries - Biron - President
- Rose-Anne Blanc - Vice President
- Rachel Hilselberger - Secretary
Pierre-Etienne Bazeries - Treasurer
- Alain Avesque - Clémence de Trogoff - Pierre Hugon - Pierre-Etienne
Daude - Brigitte Viguier
- Jean Biron - Honorary Founding President
The association is open to anyone wishing to get involved in organizing summer music training sessions or in preparing concerts and auditions. . Please contact us for more information.
Tribute :The Founding President Jean BIRON passed away on March 1st, 2006. This Academy he created in 1982 was the constant object of his care and passion. We hope that the friendly spirit and love of music remain the goal of this Academy..
History of the 31th Music Academy of Lozère
The story began in 1982 with the creation of the Academy by Mr. Jean Biron, President, and Mrs. Janine Bardou, Vice-president. The first training sessions were held in Chanac and then quickly expanded to Mende and La Canourgue to meet the growing success of the Academy. Renowned for its quality and its excellent working conditions, the Academy has played host to about 10,000 students since its founding.
Its 31 years of history leaves many fond memories today, some of which are:
- Concerts by Jacques Lancelot (clarinet), Raymond Trouard (piano) and other great musicians who have supported us for many years..
- Organization in 1985 of a concert in the Aven Armand cave, involving the installation of a grand piano there. This was the first underground concert! Followed by several others.Unfortunately, these concerts had to stop for safety reasons.
- Organization of an outdoor concert on the ramparts of Villard (near Chanac)
- Concerts by France Clidat, partner of the Academy for 19 years
- The award to Jean Biron, our President, of the 2004 ‘Genêt d'Or’ by the General Council and the Amicales Lozériennes.
- Concerts by Gérard Jarry, a violinist who has been a faithful partner of the Academy for many years
- Special concert in a farmyard at Villard Vieux
- Numerous concerts in the Romanesque churches of Lozère.
- A dance performance in La Miséricorde chapel, which was the first to take place in this venue.
- Association No. 1871 in JO of 18/06/1982
- APE 923A
- NAF: artistic activities
- SIREN: 423 777 853
- SIRET: 423 777 853 000 15